What is immensly annoying compared to the Discogs editing interface is the fact that copy and paste with the mouse does not work. I am used to drag and drop text or links marked in one window into the editing window directly into the fields or from one field to another in the editing window itself. That does nto work at all witht he programming here. It is immensely frustrating.

...also that you loose your entered data if you forget to specifically 'create' objects. How annoying to have to enter everything over and over just because you were too quick. The process flow is really not as I would expect.

Plus, as with this forum item above...I am not able to edit my posts. Kind of strange.

As well I am stuck very often with seemingly missing data in fields (specifically dimension fields) that I entered via the tab key, where I never wanted to enter any data but the interface complains I have to enter something. It is a very awkward process then to remove this (and not at all clear to me, I somehow succeed to remove this but it takes several and seemingly random tries). I do not necessarily like the way this is going compared to Discogs.

hey Mop66, I'm sorry that you find the submission form annoying but thanks for the detailed feedback, it helps us in improving it.

Mop66 wrote:

the fact that copy and paste with the mouse does not work.

We will look into this, dragging and dropping text with the mouse was not a use case we had anticipated

Mop66 wrote:

...also that you loose your entered data if you forget to specifically 'create' objects. How annoying to have to enter everything over and over just because you were too quick. The process flow is really not as I would expect.

The selection process here is to try to ensure that posters are connected to the correct subjects or credits and to have a lower amount of duplicates created. But I can see how it could be frustrating if you are tabbing through the form quickly. Do you have a suggestion for how it might work better there?

Mop66 wrote:

As well I am stuck very often with seemingly missing data in fields (specifically dimension fields) that I entered via the tab key, where I never wanted to enter any data but the interface complains I have to enter something.

We actually have a fix for this in the works, hope to release it in the next couple of days.

Thanks again for the feedback and for your submissions. I hope we can address some of the issues you mention.

I had to try at least a dozen times to submit an entry. Save draft and Submit did not work. Every required was entered. I had to finally ignore everything, try again. I don't remember what finally worked.
It's very annoying.

MS2171 wrote:

I had to try at least a dozen times to submit an entry. Save draft and Submit did not work. Every required was entered. I had to finally ignore everything, try again. I don't remember what finally worked.

I'm sorry you are having trouble with the submission form. So you were getting error messages about required fields even though you had them all filled out? And saving did not specify which errors?

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.