In bookogs you can find a collection of magazines with "periodical title". Example Rolling Stone or Rock & Folk.
Is it possible to have the same function (with another name) ?
For example I am entering Blues sur Seine (festival since 1999).
I think it will be a good function for gathering festival (years), club (programs), band (tours and gigs)...

That's a good suggestion, MikeBluesFr - would you call this a Festival Series?

I've found that having consistent festival titles (such as Bonnaroo, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Waterfront Blues Fest, etc.) fall currently under "venue" where they can encompass the full festival. These could easily be shifted to the subject field instead, but I agree that entering any poster related to a given fest so that you can search out all entries for a given fest (or tour or club/venue) based on that topic line alone.
Given that, this does already exist by clicking on a venue and seeing all posters linked to that location or by clicking on a Tour title and seeing all posters under that tour. It's all dependent on each poster having that as a linked subject - that's what takes time to make accurate - but once set, it should display all the posters under that header.

Festival Series is ok in that example but what about Star Wars or Alien posters? Movie Series, Theater Series... ?
Maybe a generic name as Periodical Title (bookogs) wil be easiest.

For Credits, i see "Film" so think the easiest is to add "Concert" or "Music".

Sorry it is not Credits but Suject/s in Posterogs :-)

For Type , what the difference between "Gig Poster" and "Event promo" ?
I choose "Gig poster" for Blues sur Seine https://www.posterogs.com/poster/111767-blues-sur-seine-1999
Is it correct?

MikeBluesFr wrote:

For Type , what the difference between "Gig Poster" and "Event promo" ?
I choose "Gig poster" for Blues sur Seine https://www.posterogs.com/poster/111767-blues-sur-seine-1999
Is it correct?

This is rather an event promo. A gig poster is specific to one gig of one artist on one evening, i.e. The Rolling Stones, on Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at Dodgers Stadium, Los Angeles -> One band, one evening.

Your case is an event running over several evenings 19th to 27th November 1999 with several artists/bands.

ok thank you, I'll revise my entries.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.