Can you tell that I'm new to this lark?!!

I'm trying to alter the venue "Scarborough Penthouse" to "The Penthouse" and give the address of "35 St Nicholas St, Scarborough, UK" but I can't do it.
Can any member of staff please help out and do it for me?
I have several more posters to add.

Think I might have corrected it myself...

Welcome to Posterogs 70sProgFan. Glad you figured it out but do feel free to ask in the forums if you run into problems again.

Don't worry - I will.
I'm already confused as to why the first poster I added comes up when I search for the bands on it, but seems to come up as a picture for the band rather than a gig poster.

I suppose I'll get there eventually...

70sProgFan wrote:

I'm already confused as to why the first poster I added comes up when I search for the bands on it, but seems to come up as a picture for the band rather than a gig poster.

Hmm, that is odd. Which poster / bands are you talking about here?

Think I've sorted it again, thanks.
But tell me please... am I right to be adding photos of the bands once the gig poster has been added?
All of the bands thta I have added have been "new" names so whilst the poster comes up the "subject" image is blank, so I have been addindg a band pic.
Hope that's fine?

70sProgFan wrote:

But tell me please... am I right to be adding photos of the bands once the gig poster has been added?
All of the bands thta I have added have been "new" names so whilst the poster comes up the "subject" image is blank, so I have been addindg a band pic.

Yes, that is perfectly fine. Bands (and other subjects), only get added to the database when they are added to a poster. So if you are adding posters from a genre or territory that isn't widely represented on Posterogs yet (for instance 70s prog), it makes sense that those artists wouldn't be there yet.

And yes, adding images and information for the subjects is encouraged and appreciated.

Thank you. Pleased to know that I'm going about this the right way.

One last question...

I created a band called ROOGALATORS when it should have been the ROOGALATOR - note there's no 'S' on the end - which was already in the database.
My entry was based on the actual spelling of the band name on the poster.
How do I merge mine with the correct one?
Or should it be deleted?
Or... what?

Sorry for being a pest!

I've merged that duplicate with the original Roogalator submission: https://www.posterogs.com/subject/52671-roogalator

No worries and thanks for letting us know.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.